Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sketch Day!

Hello! And welcome to another installment of Cricket! No comic today, per se. I have not built up a buffer strong enough, so I figured I would treat you to some sketches I've been working on:
First up, A House Sigil and Words inspired by the Sigil Creator for the Game of Thrones TV series that's become popular on Facebook. I couldn't find anything that let you add your own image, so I went ahead and mocked up something of my own. This banner represents a non-canon family that I'm calling House Grassley. They are a minor noble family sworn to the Tyrells of Highgarden. Their sigil features a prancing mantis against a gold bar on green field. Their words, "Quantitas Rebus Haut," are Latin for "Size Matters Not;" a reference to the short stature of the family's founder.



This next image is a simply drawing of Cricket relaxing in the warm weather now that Spring has returned. The sketch of Cricket and the butterfly will be featured as part of my thesis presentation to give it a bit of personality.

That's all for now. I hope you all enjoy the sketches. I'll continue to work on actual comics and post them when I have sufficient buffer. In the meantime, I will post sketches like these whenever I have them available. See you next week!

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment